Thursday 27 February 2014

So my Journey Begins........

So i have to say that i have been neglecting my blog recently but I'm so new to this and I'm trying to juggle my blog,Facebook blog and my twitter account and I'm the the process of recording you tube tutorials as well!  So I made the decision during the week to get my ass in gear and pick a few courses to further my skills and start my journey to become a Make Up Artist.  There was so many courses to pick from and found it very hard to choose but finally decided on the Make Up Forever Pro Artistry course. This is a 6 day intensive course that concludes with a photo shoot to build up photos for a portfolio. On completing the course you receive a certificate from Make Up Forever in Pro Artistry make up. I know that it won't make me a MUA but it is defo a stepping stone in the right direction i think and its always great to pick up new techniques as well!!! The course is starting at the end of the month so I'm looking forward to that!!! To give me a taster I'm doing a 1 day course in Make Up Forever on HD i think it involves there HD range of make up which i love that is a favourite with celebrities such as Kim Kardashian and Katy Perry.  So i will take loads of pictures and do a blog entry for you all!!!

The next course that i decided to do was the HD Brows course.  It was a bit pricey but i think it will be well worth it as its all about the brows and in my opinion they are the focal point on the face. And i am hoping in the future when i qualify as a HD brow stylist it will give me a bit of an edge when applying for jobs in the beauty industry.  It is a two day intensive course and i think the you have to keep record and take photos of the clients brows before you qualify! I am starting that on Monday the  3rd of March so I'm a bit nervous and excited about that!!

Ruth x

No comments:

Post a Comment