Monday 17 February 2014

Maybelline Fit Me Foundation Stick

Ok so i was in my local Boots store and they had a promotion on the maybelline products so i decided to purchase the Maybelline Fit Me Foundation stick to try it out.  It comes in 12 different shades but in Ireland (well in my local town Dundalk) they only seem to stock about 5 shades. I went for a lighter shade than usual 120 Classic Ivory as i wanted a foundation that i could wear without the need of wearing fake tan and lets face it ladies most of us are pale skinned girls its time we embraced it!I also purchased the 315 Soft Honey to contour with.


It fashions to have an anti shine core that has ultra lightweight powers built in to dissolve oil. The coverage is medium to light and glides on effortlessy. 

I have quite dry skin so i was a bit apprehensive using this. I was so surprised with this product as it is so creamy and transforms into a soft matt finish and melted beautifully into the skin.  I am a great believer in prepping the skin before any application of foundation as it really makes a difference in the over all finish. For instance before using the stick i used both a primer and an illuminator on my skin.  


The product has a buildable coverage to give a nice finish and is great for day time wear. It blends so well into the skin with a buffer foundation brush or even with your finger tips. Even though i have dry skin i did use a translucent power to set the foundation and although it does claim it absorbs oil it can go a bit patching around the t- zone on oily skin so power is a must.


Overall i really like this product but is a no no if you are looking for high coverage.  It retails at 13.49 euro. Its creamy and gives a natural finish, its compact and lightweight to carry around. I think its a bit pricey for what you get so the value is a little low in that regard. 
If you have oily skin i wouldn't recommend it as it it can go oily  around the t-zone. I will defo purchase this again for my every day wear!



 

1 comment: